Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Butt Chin.

I don't take myself too seriously. 
Life is much more fun that way.
I know I am not perfect, I know I mess up and God knows I am learning new lessons each day. 
My ability to laugh at myself and to remember that people will continue to judge and hate me no matter how much I suck up to them is one of the most important lesson I've ever begun to learn. I say "begun" because I am constantly failing to stay true to myself at times.
For me, High School was a constant reminder of that lesson. 
I look back on that time with such sadness that I wasn't more comfortable in my own skin. 
I tried SO HARD to be everyone's friend, now I'm not saying kindness is a bad thing, what I am trying to say that you can't change someone's opinion of you. 
You can only laugh, role with the punches and remember to put all of your silly mistakes and imperfections in perspective.
No one is perfect. 
Everyone is weak.
Once you realize it, that's when things get interesting. 

So, all of this to say that I would like to point out a characteristic of mine which I have learned to love, even though it is my physical characteristic that I am most self conscious about. 
Here is a picture my sister took that highlights said feature. 

  There it is in all of it's glory. 
My butt chin.
It's huge. 
I have gotten soooooo much shit for it over the years.
I have had endless jokes, puns and hateful words spewed over the fact that I have a clef chin.

So folks, laugh it up. 
It's a beaut. 
I have grown to love it and nothing you say will change my mind.
Just like anything I say won't change YOUR mind.
We all have our weaknesses. 


Mine is the dimple on my chin.

No comments:

Post a Comment