Monday, November 19, 2012

forgiveness


Forgiveness.
We, as a human race are capable of many wonderful things.
We can dance, cry and live with out regret.
We have the power to change emotions with a single song.
We live with strength in our bones and courage in our hearts.
And I believe every capable soul has the ability to forgive.

Forgiveness is no harder a lesson to learn than sharing crayons in the first grade.
But it takes time, energy and patience to begin witnessing this beautiful transformation unfold.
The benefit of that transformation is something we all attempt to feel.
That feeling of euphoria when you can finally stop looking behind you and live presently.
That feeling when you can take that breath, breathing out as the weight of the past begins to lift off your chest.

But

You hurt my family? I will never forgive you.
You rape my sisters? I will never forgive you.
You murder innocent children, families or fathers? I will choose to never forgive you.
Because forgiveness is a choice.
We all have the choice to move forward or to stay haunted with the past.
I would never want to choose to live my life in sadness or revenge.
But, if you hurt my best friend…. My mother or my brothers…
Not only are you never going to be forgiven, you will never be forgotten.
I will find you.

No comments:

Post a Comment